Monday, May 25, 2015

Film Log 5.25.2015

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)

Director: Anthony Russo and Joe Russo
Number of viewings: 1

Comments: Very long film. Too long. Liked the Saul Bass inspired end credits and I appreciated bringing the action somewhat back towards the real world. When Captain  America gets shot by a bullet he feels it. I never liked Captain America before, too white bread for my taste, but this film actually made me care about him. A comic book movie that didn't feel like a rehash of comic book tropes. 

One from the Heart (1982)

Director: Francis Ford Coppola
Number of viewings: 1

Comments: A completely misunderstood film. I don't understand why it's so vilified. Storaro's cinematography is breathtaking. The colors express so much, and the bittersweet romance between Teri Garr and Frederic Forrest's characters is so heartbreaking. The film may seem to end on a happy note, but will the couple stay together even after the credits finish rolling? Probably not. A masterpiece that I wish I had seen sooner.

No comments: